Forum

What’s your comfort food?

Hey guys! As I told you the other day in class, in here you have to talk about you comfort food. Please remember you have to mention:

• What food it is.
  • Ingredients.
  • How to prepare it (optional).
  • Why you like it.

Here’s mine:

My comfort food is a leek soup.

In order to make this dish you are going to need:

• A few leeks.
  • An onion.
  • Butter.
  • Sour cream.
  • Water/chicken broth.
  • Salt.
  • Pepper.
  • Nutmeg.

You have to cut the leeks as well as the onion into thin slices. Once you have done that, use a frying pan to sautee them with butter. Put the vegetables in a pot, add your water/chicken broth and let it simmer. When the vegetables are tender separate them from the liquid and use a blender to make a puree. Mix everything together and add the spices and the sour cream. Let it cook for a while over medium heat and stir it occasionally.

This is my comfort food because it’s the first dish my roommates and I made back when we were living in Poland. It was freezing outside (-7ºC) so we wanted something to keep us warm. Whenever I make this dish at home it reminds me of all the good moments.

1 Answer

Hugo Ramos Gonzalez Sep 26, 2023

Hi Kevin, i’m Hugo. My comfort food is Chicken Tikka Masala (chicken with species) You will need:

• boneless chicken
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 onion and 1 garlic
  • 1 spoon of ginger powder, 1 spoon of turmeric powder, 1 spoon of garam masala and a little bit of red chilli
  • 1 yoghurt
  • 1 can of coconut milk

It is a spicy stew from India, although it’s more popular in England. A lot of people eat it with rice. Most people eat it for lunch, but some eat it for dinner as well. Personally I would recommend you to try this, because it’s delicious, but don’t forget to have water with you when you try it. I like it is a different dish than what i’m used to and because of its spicy taste.

close