Forum

Word of the month September

For example:

Kid’s Box 1 – 2:  I like Summer and ice cream!

Kid’s Box 3 – 4:  In the Summer I went on holiday to La Palma and ate an ice cream.

Kid’s Box 5 – 6: It was really hot in the Summer holiday so I had to eat lots of ice creams.

PET and up: A story:  In the Summer holiday, little Sally wanted to play at the beach.  Her Mum said they could go after she had tidied her room.  As soon as Sally arrived at the beach she saw an ice cream van.  “Mum, Mum!” begged Sally, “Please can I have an ice cream now?”  While they were buying the ice cream a seagull flew down and took it from Sally.  She started to cry but the nice man in the van gave her a new ice cream with an extra flake and more sprinkles!  Sally and her mum had a lovely afternoon at the beach and went home super tired.  The End.

8 Answers

Ayelen Benitez Diaz Feb 16, 2024

hello , I ‘m Ayelen .

It was summer , and  I liked travel to Madrid with my family . We traveled to Madrid because my grandparent stopped to work and we are a holidays with them.

When we arrived at my grandparent’s house we were excited , we left our things in the room and went to ate a ice cream . Was a beutiful day .

Valeria Gomez Encinoso Sep 28, 2023

Short and sweet!  Perfect use of the three words though, well done.

Silvia Gomez Encinoso Sep 28, 2023

What a great day out!  Nice use of language to describe your day.

Hugo Ramos Gonzalez Sep 28, 2023

Hello, I’m Héctor.

It was a hot day and lots of kids wanted an ice cream. In the city was a gentleman that had an ice cream truck and he could give you a free ice cream if you were a kid. All of the kids came to him that summer holiday and they begged him to give them an ice cream. He agreed and all of the kids were happy but the man wanted an ice cream too and he didn’t have more. He wasn’t going to buy one because he bought all that ice cream and he didn’t have nothing. But a man came and asked him what happened and he told the man that he gave ice cream but he didn’t have nothing anything left. The man told him to wait and when he came he brought a really big ice cream box and he said, this is for you because you’ve gave to lots of kids ice cream.the man of the truck thank him and they greet each other.

Wow!  Amazing story.  How generous of the man to give all his ice creams away to the children.  

Hello¡¡¡ I am Camilla this is my story :

One day in summer holiday I was walking in my back garden , I saw  an ice cream truck

it was too hot outside so I boot bought a ice cream .

Fab story, thank you Camilla.  ‘Bought’ is a really tricky word to spell!  I like that you use ‘so’ to connect the two parts of the sentence.

Hi! I am Pablo. It is my  homework.

I love that you did the picture for your story, thank you!

Hugo Ramos Gonzalez Sep 26, 2023

Sorry Tim I added color to the words i had to use:

Once upon a time in a little town by the beach lived a young boy called Lorian. His family owned an ice cream van, the only one at his town. When summer holidays started, Lorian could try one ice cream a day and play in the beach all the afternoon with his friends. He loved every one of them but his favourite ones where hazelnut and pistachio. Every classmate was a bit jealous, but when his birthday came, the 1st of July, he gave ice creams to everyone. He had lots of friends and he lived happily ever after.

Great introduction to the story.  I think one ice cream a day would be very nice!  

Hugo Ramos Gonzalez Sep 26, 2023

Once upon a time in a little town by the beach lived a young boy called Lorian. His family owned an <span style=”color: #008000;”>ice cream </span>van, the only one at his town. When<span style=”color: #008000;”> summer holidays </span>started, Lorian could try one<span style=”color: #008000;”> ice cream </span>a day and play in the beach all the afternoon with his friends. He loved every one of them but his favourite ones where hazelnut and pistachio. Every classmate was a bit jealous, but when his birthday came, the 1st of July, he gave<span style=”color: #008000;”> ice creams </span>to everyone. He had lots of friends and he lived happily ever after.

close